Horse Jobs – a lucrative career in Australia
Different career options are now ruling the minds of the people all over the world in order to earn a good amount of income and among these career prospects one lucrative choice is the horse job. Yes, horse jobs are quite popular in Australia and even in other countries. Horses are regarded the most friendly and sane animal therefore working with them and for them is a delight for many animal lovers.
Speaking about the horse jobs only reminds of the horse racing jobs, but the field is vaster than this and includes many other jobs like stud assistant, horse trainer and even the Race day information supporter job also comes under this category. Let’s have a look at some of the popular jobs related to stud farming and horse racing also let’s analyze the monetary benefits from them.
Horse Jobs in Australia:
- Racing Jobs: Jockeys is a popular Job for those who love horse racing. Jockey’s are responsible for riding the horse in the race. The income earned by these riders is not a whopping amount as they are hired by the stud owners. However, the prize money called ‘the Purse money’ is the major amount received by the jockey but to acquire this money he has to be really expert in winning the race. The salary of a jockey is a minimum of about $85 per race ride and varies from their depending on experience and how many race winners they have ridden.
- Stud trainer – As name suggests, this job requires the person to give training to the horses. A stud farm is a place where horses are bred In order to train them for the racing. There various types of trainers and helpers are required all day and night. A stud trainer even rides the horses and teaches them the racing skills, but he is relatively different from a horse jockey. The average salary for this job is $34,000 per annum.
- Horse veterinarian – This is the job for a medical practitioner who is trained in examining the horses. The job responsibility involves the regular medical checkup of the horses in the farm and to give them proper vaccination and medical treatments. It’s a high paying job where the veterinarian can earn up to $ 85,000 per year plus.
- Groom – It is one of the horse jobs where the person is responsible to groom the horses on daily basis. The job involves taking personal care of each and every horse and to identify any change in their health and behavior. A groom’s duty also involves informing the doctor about these changes. He can earn from about $30,000 to $55,000 Plus per year
- Bloodstock Agent – The agent is involved in evaluating the value of the horses and he even participate in horse auctions in place of their clients. It’s a commission based job where an agent can earn around $30,000 per year or sometimes a six figure income from big deals.
Among all these and many other horse jobs in horse industry in the different sectors like Dressage, Show jumping, Eventing, Polo, Show etc, the most popular are the racing jobs as those who love horse riding are always interested in sitting on the horse and speeding them to win the race!
82469 total views, 205 today
2 Responses to “Horse Jobs – a lucrative career in Australia”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.