This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Kerrie, Victoria, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Management
- Post date:19 Jul 2017
- Share job:
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager- Victoria
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
LOCATION: Sun Stud, Kerrie, Victoria
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Operations Manager
- Manage the daily care of broodmares, foals, weanlings and the day to day running of the broodmare division.
- Organise and liaise with vets, farriers and other service provider’s relation to horse husbandry practices.
- Manage a team of staff and ensure a harmonious working environment.
- Manage stock levels of drugs and vet supplies and ensure they are safely stored.
- Liaise with maintenance staff to ensure pastures, fixtures, water supplies, power supplies and fencing are kept good condition.
- Ensure a high level of record keeping including but not limited to; treatments, farrier notes, and stock movements.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and carry out ad-hoc tasks as reasonably necessary
- Assist with the daily running of other divisions such as stallions, spellers and yearlings where necessary.
- Ensure staff are working within Sun Stud’s OH&S guidelines
- Assist with auction sale days when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven knowledge and ability in handling horses and horse husbandry practices
- A sound understanding of veterinary reproductive procedures
- A sound knowledge of foal farrier requirements and corrective procedures
- A proven ability to manage a team and deal with daily challenges
- Excellent communication skills
How to ApplySend resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
398 total views, 1 today