CASUAL HORSE-RIDING COACH (RDA)
- Helensvale, Queensland, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Instructor
- Post date:15 May 2019
- Job expires in: 86 days
- Share job:
Arundel Park Riding for Disabled Inc (APRDA) is a not-for-profit community organisation that provides equestrian activities for people with a disability.
Arundel Park Riding for Disabled Inc provides a range of flexible and individualised riding services, tailored to meet the needs of people with a disability, including adults, children and young people.
We have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Qualified Equestrian Coach to come on board with our APRDA Coaching Team. This role will be providing coaching and support services to Participants with and without disabilities.
Our riding lessons are offered in an integrated environment with riders placed in classes according to their ability.
APRDA is looking for an individual who has:
- Equestrian Coaching Experience
- Riding for Disabled Coaching Qualifications (Desirable or willingness to obtain)
- Equestrian Coaching Qualifications (Essential if not qualified in RDA coaching)
- Experience in Hippotherapy (Desirable)
- A strong riding and horse management background
- Carriage Driving and Vaulting Qualification (or willingness to obtain)
- A desire to support Adults and Children who have a disability
- A reasonable level of flexibility of working hours – must include weekends
- Blue Card (Working with Children Check)
- First aid and CPR certificate
- Current QLD Driver’s License (Desirable)
Key areas of this role include:
- Plan and coach regular lessons
- Assist in the selection of suitable horses and to help train existing and new horses to APRDA standard.
- Assess the medical conditions and suitability of riders with disabilities. Maintain reports and records for all riders.
- Preparation of horses
- Maintain Horse Management Records
- Maintain a safe riding environment
- Volunteer training and management
- Ability to work late afternoons / evenings and some weekends
Only those that hold the necessary qualification should apply.
This position will involve regular hours on set days.
How to ApplyPlease send a Cover Letter and Resume to the Centre Manager; Arundel Park Riding for Disabled Inc P O Box 210 HELENSVALE QLD 4212 Email email@example.com Applications Close Monday the 14 th June 2019
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
60 total views, 1 today