Equine Veterinary Nurse
- Cowra, New South Wales, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Vet
- Post date:13 Jun 2019
- Job expires in: 57 days
- Share job:
Pepper Tree Farm Equine Clinic offers an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated equine practice. The practice is situated on 500 acres within the idyllic rural surroundings of the Lachlan Valley.
The clinic aims to provide the highest standards in equine veterinary care. In order to achieve these standards the practice is well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house blood work and endoscopy. We have recently built an on site surgical facility with visiting surgical specialists attending regularly to assist with case load. The practice has a focus on neonatal medicine and reproductive work including embryo transfer and stallion collection but caters to the equine community of the central west including dental work, lameness, and medical case management.
We are a relatively newly establish practice which has developed rapidly in its first few years and thus are looking to add to our dynamic team. The clinic operates in conjunction with Pepper Tree Farm, a stud farm transitioning from standarbreds to thoroughbreds with over 20 years’ experience in the industry.
The nursing position would be an excellent opportunity for either experienced nurses or nurses looking to increase their skill level with a hands on approach in a smaller practice. The position available is ideally a permanent position but may be seasonal by negotiation.
An attractive salary package is offered commensurate with experience.
- A commitment to attaining the highest standards in equine veterinary care
- A keen & receptive mind to learning
- A sound work ethic
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work positively with a team but the direction to work unassisted as well
- A genuine compassion for client’s horses
- A relaxed and friendly attitude
- A background with handling horses
- Experience with nursing foals is desirable
- Nursing experience is required but may be on the job training without a formal vet nursing certificate
How to ApplyTo apply, send a cover letter addressing your suitability to meet the criteria and a current CV with references. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Please address correspondence to: Dr Brianna Vandyke Pepper Tree Farm Equine Clinic 25 Canowindra Rd Cowra NSW 2794 firstname.lastname@example.org www.ptfequineclinic.com.au
Apply for this Job
278 total views, 2 today