This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Foaling Supervisor young horse Trainer
- Kangaloon, New South Wales, Australia
- 40,000 - 60,000
- Job category: Breeding
- Post date:23 Oct 2017
- Share job:
- Attend and assist foaling of mares including cleaning, preparation & disinfection of foaling stables and yards, feed & water according to individual requirements.
- Safe Handling and care of mares through all stages of pregnancy ensuring nutrition, fitness and health of mares and essential grooming.
- Observe horses daily and maintain healthcare records and observation charts. Log any treatment of minor injuries and log & refer more significant injuries & illness to veterinarian.
- Handling and preparation of mares, foals and young stock. Including all leading, exercising at stud, competitions or sales.
- Wean & prepare foals including handling, halter training, leading, grooming and bathing.
- Training of broodmares to accept all handling and intervention and address any behavioural issues.
- Training and exercising of young stock in preparation for sale and riding.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment and abide by work place health and safety policies
- Provide specific care including medication administration and first aid in neonatal period for foal and pre & postpartum mare and assist veterinarian as required.
- Care and treatment of sick or injured horses/foals under veterinarian supervision.
- Routine administration of medications, wormers and supplements as required.
- Liaise and assist veterinarian, farrier and other equine specialists as required.
- Feed and maintain clean water and environment in paddocks and stables.
- Fluent verbal and written English.
- Drivers Licence.
- First Aid.
- Equine first aid.
- Equine tertiary education (advantageous).
- Equine breeding certificate (advantageous).
- Applicant must have significant experience in foaling of broodmare herd, weaning and young stock preparation.
- Sole charge experience essential.
- Excellent horse handling.
- Ability to critically assess situations and react calmly and competently.
- Attention to detail and exceptional observational skills.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work alone or part of a team.
How to ApplyApplications via email including current CV and references. This is a live in position. firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
532 total views, 1 today