HEAVY-HORSE EQUINE MANAGER
- Shooters Hill, New South Wales, Australia
- 60,000 - 80,000
- Job category: Manager-General
- Post date:3 May 2019
- Job expires in: 16 days
- Share job:
For remote leisure and farming property of approx 2000ac in the Oberon area of NSW.
We are a boutique family run property which operates mixed farming with informal gardens, beautiful buildings and facilities, with a herd of 18 horses.
We take pride in our lovely property and are looking for a suitably experience person who will appreciate our passion and take responsibility for the daily care and management of our horses.
You must be an experienced horse person able to work on your own, with a willingness to assist the Farm Manager and small team in other areas of the property and farm as necessary.
You must be willing and able to report to the experienced owners on a daily basis via email and phone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day care of Shire heavy horses, and riding ponies
- Day to day first aid as necessary for horses
- Ability to administer IM and IV and experience with use of equine drugs
- Liaising and assisting vet, farrier, dentist
- Floating and trucking horses as necessary
- Breeding of Shire horses, including hand serving of stallion and mares
- Foaling down
- Foal and yearling handling
- Ground work for young and green horses
- Ongoing horse education consisting of handling, ground work and long reining of older horses
- Maintenance of harness, vehicles and equipment
- Assist the small team with other property and farm duties as required
- Ensure a clean and safe environment of grounds and facilities
- Working under the overall management of the Farm Manager
- Precise reporting to the owners, phone, text, email
Options to further expand duties and responsibilities subject to your experience and ability
- Further heavy horse education for pulling implements and vehicles
- Use of harness, horse-drawn vehicles and implements
- Driving heavy horses in singles, pairs and teams.
Skills and Experience
- The position is hands-on and requires initiative, self-motivation and resilience
- Extensive horse knowledge
- Previous experience with heavy horses an advantage
- Veterinary and/or farm animal first aid
- High level of attention to detail and time management skills
- Reasonable computer skills (MS Outlook/Word/XL)
- Current drivers licence. Truck licence an advantage.
How to ApplyWork on a beautiful remote rural property in the Blue Mountains. Generous remuneration package will be offered to the right person commensurate with experience. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please reply with your resume to: email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
625 total views, 1 today