- Goondiwindi, Queensland, Australia
- 40,000 - 60,000
- Job category: Manager Broodmare
- Post date:22 Jul 2018
- Share job:
Mare Manager – 2018 Breeding Season
SDM Quarter Horses is a breeding and training horse stud, based in Goondiwindi QLD. We breed and train quarter horses for the cow horses industry, with our primary focus and involvement being in the cutting arena.
We currently have a position for a Mare Manager within the stud operations for the 2018 Breeding Season, and are looking for a reliable, motivated and experienced individual to join our team.
As the mare manager you will have previous experience with horses in all aspects of a stud environment but in particular have extensive experience in equine reproduction, pre and post-natal care of broodmares and foal down requirements.
As the Mare Manager your duties will include:
- Foaling down mares and care of their new born foals
- Assist on farm vet with reproduction procedures
- Handling foals, broodmares and stallions
- Administering treatments and medications; IM and IV injections
- Assisting vets with required general treatments
- Conduct weekly stock inventory; Feed & medical supplies
- Daily feeding and care of Broodmares and their foals
- Daily cleaning and inspection of stables, and foaling paddocks
- Assisting with general stud and farm activities as required
Skills and Experience:
- Previous vet nursing experience would be advantageous
- Must have experience in the breeding and foal down field
- An excellent understanding of horse care and health requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own and within a team environment
- Car license and transport
This is an ideal role for an experience person who’s passion and interest lies in the area of horse breeding, reproduction and foal care, to join and be a part of a great and dedicated team in a thriving regional community.
This is a 6 month contract position for the 2018 breeding season, with the possibility of this role becoming full time.
The salary package for this role will be determined by the experience of the successful candidate. On farm / live in accommodation, will be provided.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position please email your CV, along with a cover letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact Todd Graham 0428 458 641
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
390 total views, 1 today