- Buccan, Queensland, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Manager-General
- Post date:16 Sep 2017
- Share job:
Save a Horse Australia Inc is a not for proﬁt animal welfare organisation. Our purpose is to rescue neglected, abandoned or slaughter-bound horses, rehabilitate and rehome them. Save a Horse Australia operates two sanctuaries in South-East Queensland with full-time and caretaker staff at both properties and care of just over 100 horses. The Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining the Sanctuaries and leading sanctuary staff, volunteers and caretakers in the efﬁcient care, rehabilitation, training and rehoming of horses in care.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the President of the Association and is also responsible for working with the Management Committee in a collaborative manner to develop new structures and operating procedures and develop and implement a safe working culture and safe work practices as well as participating in fundraising if required.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• At least ﬁve years experience working in and around horses, including OTT thoroughbreds, stallions and unhandled horses;
• Excellent horse handling skills with a knowledge and understanding of horse behaviour;
• Sound understanding of horse husbandry, including animal disease transmission and prevention and related occupational health and safety as well as advanced knowledge of equine wound care;
• Experience in staff management including daily routines and efﬁcient management of resource inputs;
• Well developed written and oral communication skills;
• Experience with spreadsheets, databases and social media, advantageous;
• Experience in developing and working with written documentation and successful implementation of safe working procedures;
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to communicate and maintain a healthy working relationship with all staff;
• An Australian manual driver’s license.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please visit our website at www.saveahorse.org.au/operations-manager to download the full position description. A covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and explaining why you would be perfect for this role, together with your resume is required.
Please note only candidates successful in obtaining an interview will be contacted.
Candidates may be subjected to a Police check and due to the physical nature of working with horses, a pre-employment medical certificate may be required.
How to ApplyPlease forward resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close 29th September 2017
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
850 total views, 2 today