Stable Manager/Head Groom
- The Oaks, New South Wales, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Manager
- Post date:11 Sep 2019
- Job expires in: 82 days
- Share job:
Oaks Sport Horses is a show jumping stable and stud 1 hour south of Sydney.
We have a position for an energetic and competent professional competition groom for the summer show season. Weekend work will be necessary, including travel to both local and interstate shows. This is a 6 month contract with the potential to extend. Accommodation available.
We need a capable, hard-working and positive person to support our riders and to manage and prepare our horses for competition and daily exercise. The applicant should be an orderly person well-versed in organising stable management – someone who thinks of everything and can plan in advance! A key aspect of the position is establishing routine, standards and training staff. You will need the initiative to work independently as or as part of a team and to be comfortable in pressured, multi-tasking situations. We are after someone who takes pride in their work and enjoys presenting their horses to a high standard.
A genuine care and respect for our horses and other staff is essential: so is a happy disposition.
- Experience as a professional competition and barn groom
- Experience and confidence handling a variety of horses including stallions
- Ability to provide minor vet care, bandaging, administer injections, wound care. To recognise signs of illness or distress.
- Clipping, plaiting, show presentation
- Strong communication, organizational and time-management skills and the initiative to implement
- Full, current driver’s licence
Also highly regarded:
- Exercise riding and lunging skills
- Truck licence and experience
- First aid certificates
- Media skills
- Managing and assisting with preparation of horses for riders at home and shows; leading in, grooming, tacking up, washing etc
- Show preparation – organizing and packing truck, printing draws, checking entries, recording results
- Assist with jump training sessions and practice ring – rails, videoing, raking
- Maintenance and cleaning of tack, rugs, saddlecloths, bandages etc
- Manage and record visits of farriers, vets, chiros etc
- Arena management – watering and grooming
- Maintain horse records – vet, injuries, training, show results
- Floating horses as necessary
- Supervision and training of junior staff
- Oversee daily stable and yard routine, ensure horse safety and well-being, feeding, rugging
How to ApplyPlease provide a short resume as part of your application, two references will be required if we proceed to a job offer. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 0418163491 for more information.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
104 total views, 4 today