- Goondiwindi, Queensland, Australia
- 20,000 - 40,000
- Job category: Groom
- Post date:22 Jul 2018
- Share job:
SDM Quarter Horses is a breeding and training horse stud, based in Goondiwindi QLD. We breed and train quarter horses for the cow horses industry, with our primary focus and involvement being in the cutting arena.
We currently have a full time position for a Stud Groom within the stud operations, and are looking for a reliable, motivated and experienced individual to join our team.
As a stud groom will have previous experience with horses in all aspects of a stud environment as the duties involved in this role are varied.
As a Stud Groom your duties will include:
- Daily care of stud stock; Feeding, watering and rugging
- Daily cleaning and inspection of stables, yards and paddocks
- Administering treatments and medications;
- Assisting vets, farrier and dentist with required treatments
- Handling foals, broodmares and stallions
- Preparation of sale and competition horses
- Assist the trainer in the preparation of horses for work and training
- Capable rider
- Conduct weekly stock inventory as required
- Assisting with general stud and farm maintenance, such as fencing, mowing and spraying as required
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- An excellent understanding of horse care and health requirements
- Good communication skills
- A strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own and within a team environment
- Car license and transport
This is an ideal role for an experience horse person to further their knowledge by working with an experienced and successfully team in the cutting and equine industry.
The salary package for this role will be determined by the experience of the successful candidate. On farm / live in accommodation, will be provided.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position please email your CV, along with a cover letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact Todd Graham 0428 458 641
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
442 total views, 2 today