- Ballarat City, Victoria, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Stud Manager
- Post date:30 Nov 2020
- Job expires in: 54 days
- Share job:
Established in 2015, Haras des Trotteurs has provided Australian and New Zealand breeders with the very best available trotting bloodlines in the world including the incomparable Love You (whose NZ progeny continue to rack up the big race victories), Orlando Vici, Quaker Jet and Used To Me. Our mission at Haras des Trotteurs has been to provide the very best European trotting bloodlines.
The farm is located in Cardigan on the outskirts of Ballarat – a large regional Victorian city approximately 1.5hr from Melbourne. It carries approximately 60-80 broodmares both Standardbred and Thoroughbreds foaling down around 50 mares annually.
The stallion unit has a state of the art collection room with a laboratory for semen processing and analysis. Our stallion unit is part of our breeding farm with currently 2-3 Standardbred stallions. We are an approved stallion unit for Australia, New Zealand semen collection as well as Europe.
Our yearlings are conducted on the farm where we prepare between 25 to 40 annually for external sales. We have a growing number of thoroughbred yearlings year-over-year.
The role primarily involves:
- Mare management with the breeding and vet team
- Assistance with broodmares
- Handling of foals, weaning and assistance with foaling
- Daily handling (grooming, walking, rugging, feeding and basic husbandry) of all stallions
- Handling of stallion for collection on collection days
- Training and preparation of horses for major sales
- Overseeing of a small team of yearling preparation staff
- Handling, exercise and caring for horses
- Teaching yearlings to be groomed and accept basic gear.
- Overseeing the daily care and supervision of horses, paddocks and stable work.
The successful candidate will be able to manage our broodmares, stallions and yearlings while working in close relationship with the breeding, veterinarian team and our farming staff.
To be successful in securing this role:
- MUST have experience in areas of broodmare management, stallion management, handling and yearling sales preparation.
- MUST have proven experience of similar operations, with health and safety management practices.
- Ability to effectively organize, supervise and lead a small team.
- Farm management, pasture knowledge/experience an advantage (not essential).
The willingness to be hands on in this role will be essential to your success and you will participate in ideas sharing with open, honest and high achieving staff. In return for your skills, expertise and commitment (minimum 2 years), you will be rewarded with a generous salary and commensurate with your qualification, experience and skills level (if required – accommodation and partner’s employment may be available for the successful candidate)
How to ApplyTo apply please send your current resume, qualifications and at least 2 written reference letters to email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
15 total views, 1 today