- Euroa, Victoria, Australia
- On Application/ See Job Ad
- Job category: Breeding
- Post date:8 Aug 2017
- Job expires in: 15 days
- Share job:
Breeding & Broodmare Stud in Euroa requires a competent horse person to work as a stud hand. Applicant must have the following skills:
- Ability to catch, lead, hold for vetting, and identify cuts and abrasions in the paddock essential.
- Aust/international driver’s license (manual).
- Quad bike experience, ability to ride unsupervised immediately.
- Good English, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Some additional farming experience preferred, including chemicals and pesticides.
- Ability to take instruction and work unsupervised at times.
- Sound knowledge of the anatomy of a horse and the ability to notice changes in behaviour and condition.
The successful applicant will be answerable to the farm manager and/or owner.
The role will involve feeding mares and foals, stallions, and spelling racehorses.
You will assist the farm manager with bringing mares in to be vetted, teasing mares for breeding, and some vetting treatments depending on experience.
There will also be general farm duties as required including; fencing, weed spraying, wood collecting, fence painting, etc.
You will be required to work as part of a small cohesive team as well as independently at times.
The position is for immediate start and will be through to the end of December 2017.
Accommodation is provided in form of a self-contained bungalow for a single person.
Applicants are to phone the farm manager in the first instance, and if required have the ability to provide CV electronically.
Females encouraged to apply. Applicant may be required to undertake a Criminial and drug check.R
How to ApplyPlease phone Scott on 0407 299 530.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
554 total views, 2 today