- 60,000 - 80,000
- Job category: Racing Industry
- Post date:24 Sep 2018
- Job expires in: 11 days
- Share job:
Gai Waterhouse Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable. Positions are available at Randwick and Flemington.
- Young Horse Trainer / Rider – able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
- Young Horse Educator – able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education.
- Horse Trainer/Junior Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,000 to $70,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role. In addition the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the positon is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification.
How to ApplyPlease send written CV and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org Adrian Bott Racing Pty Ltd trading as Gai Waterhouse Racing
Apply for this Job
398 total views, 1 today