The Equine industry is a huge and varied work environment for persons with all types of skills to give themselves a good start to obtain employment within the horse industry. The horse industry is a very rewarding job with highs and lows and great for anymore with a passion for horses. The opportunities are endless.
Equine Staff suggests that you take extra steps to ensure that your application gives you the best opportunity to obtain the horse job that suits your skills better. As this industry is becoming more and more regulated, applicants with the best on-hand skills or accredited courses which prove you are competent in the position that you are applying for within the Equine /Horse industry. Also if you wish to make a career whilst working in the industry, Australia now offers multiple options for a horse person to advance their skills to gain better positions within the industry.
What to do before you apply for a horse job
To apply for a position within the horse industry, you can follow these general steps:
- Determine your area of interest: The horse industry offers various career paths, such as horse training, riding instruction, equine veterinary care, stable management, and more. Determine the specific area you are interested in and want to pursue.
- Gain relevant experience and education: Acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for your chosen field. This may involve obtaining a degree in equine science, attending horsemanship clinics, volunteering at horse facilities, or working with a professional in the industry.
- Prepare your resume: Create a well-structured resume that highlights your relevant experience, skills, and qualifications. Include any horse-related experience, certifications, training, or competitions you have participated in. Emphasize your knowledge of horse care, handling, and any specialized skills that make you a strong candidate.
- Research potential employers: Identity organizations, stables, or businesses within the horse industry that align with your career goals. Look for job openings or opportunities on their websites, job boards, or through networking within the industry.
- Craft a tailored cover letter: Write a cover letter that explains why you are interested in the position and why you would be a good fit for the organization. Customize the letter for each application, highlighting specific skills or experiences that are relevant to the position you’re applying for.
- Submit your application: Follow the instructions provided by the employer for submitting your application. This may involve filling out an online form, sending an email, or mailing a physical application. Make sure to include your resume, cover letter, and any other requested documents.
- Network within the industry: Attend horse-related events, join professional organizations, and connect with individuals already working in the horse industry. Networking can provide valuable contacts and information about potential job openings.
- Prepare for interviews: If your application is successful, you may be invited for an interview. Research common interview questions and prepare answers that showcase your skills, knowledge, and passion for the horse industry. Dress professionally and arrive prepared to discuss your qualifications and experiences.
- Gain additional certifications or qualifications: Consider pursuing certifications or qualifications that are relevant to your desired position within the horse industry. This can demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development and make you a more competitive candidate.
Remember that the horse industry is diverse, and the specific requirements for each position may vary. Stay persistent, keep improving your skills, and be open to opportunities that align with your long-term career goals.
How to apply for a position within the Horse Industry
1, Please make sure all your contact information is up-to-date email, contact address & phone numbers many a person has missed an application due to the wrong information or not current.
2. Your Resume on applying for a horse employment position must be relevant to the position you are applying for
3. List of all courses, accreditations, certificates & experiences with references with correct up to date contacts ( please make sure that all persons listed on your resume are able to be contacted or provide written references.)
4 Please provide approval from yourself to run current police check
5 Personal references for the equine industry must have or be relevant to the industry
6 your personal goals are also excellent to include with your requirements for extra study/courses to advance your self
Below we have a listing of creditable courses/accreditations to help you obtain a horse position within the industry.
Best wishes from Equine Staff on your future applications.
Links to horse courses are available to improve your skills.
- Australian College of Animal Tactile Therapy– 0397521688
- Australian Equine Institute
- EA Education courses
- Animal Studies & Horse Industry
- STUDY EQUINE MANAGEMENT ONLINE
- Equine Studies
- Become a skilful horse person or inspiring instructor.
For help to put together a great resume or for a list of current Horse Jobs within Australia contact equine staff via www.equinestaff.com.au